We will fight for fair pay and full benefits and protections for all UFT members.
● Fair pay for underpaid educators, including paraprofessionals, secretaries, therapists, and others.
● Ensure across the board wage increases for all UFT titles that exceed the projected rate of inflation.
● Stronger protections for probationary educators.
● Full pension systems and benefits for ALL members. Fight to end the inequality of tiered systems.
● Restore the right to grieve letters in the file. Add measures against abusive administration and retaliatory observations.
● Remove the Danielson Framework. Rethink the entire evaluation process. Increase peer-to-peer feedback opportunities.
● Reform the 155-minute extra professional development and engagement time added to our workday schedule.
Make it at the member’s discretion.
● Return to teacher-directed professional assignment periods.