We will fight for a stronger contract and a union that listens to us.
- Stop backdoor, closed negotiations with the city. Begin open and inclusive negotiations. Organize rank-and-file members for authentic input during contract negotiations, budget negotiations, and legislative sessions.
- Shift our focus towards organizing rank-and-file members. Shift COPE money to allow members authentic input in candidates who are endorsed.
- Give real decision-making power to the Delegate Assembly over areas that impact bargaining and the use of COPE resources.
- Improve union transparency, responsiveness, and accountability. Print updated contracts for every member.
- Expand union democracy. Empower local school and functional chapters. Democratically elect district representatives and borough representatives. Increase representational and proportional democracy.
- Amend the Taylor Law. Remove the 2 for 1 penalty for job actions. Eliminate the “no strike” pledge.